HAVE YOURSELF A MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS WITH HS SPECIAL CAKE RECIPES(CAKE SERIES): EASY RED VELVET CAKE
We are still warming up to Christmas. Christmas day is fast approaching and you honestly don’t have time to visit the bakery, HS is giving you the opportunity to bake your Christmas cake the easy and the fun way. Following our cake series, we present to you another easy delight for the Christmas: EASY RED VELVET CAKE! enjoy
EASY RED VELVET CAKE + EXPERT TIPS
- box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® German chocolate cake mix
- cup buttermilk or water
- cup vegetable oil
- bottle (1 oz) red food color
- tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- oz cream cheese, softened
- teaspoons milk
- 1 1/2
- cups whipping cream
- cup powdered sugar
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pans). Grease bottom and sides of 13×9-inch pan or two 9-inch round cake pans and lightly flour, or spray with baking spray with flour.
- 2 In large bowl, beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour into pan(s).
- 3 Bake as directed on box. Cool rounds 10 minutes; remove from pans. Cool completely.
- 4 In chilled large bowl, mix cream cheese and milk until smooth. Beat in whipping cream and powered sugar with electric mixer on high speed, scraping bowl occasionally, until soft peaks form. Frost top of 13×9-inch cake or fill and frost cakelayers. Store loosely covered in refrigerator.
SuperMoist® devil’s food cake mix can also be used for a dark red velvet cake; omit cocoa.
You will need the whole 1-ounce bottle of red food color to achieve the intense red color that is characteristic of this special cake.